Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by ying lcs <yi...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/28 04:19:05 UTC

How to upgrade to subversion 1.4.0

Hi,

I am running subversion 1.3 on windows XP.
If I want to upgrade to subversion 1.4.0, do I need to do a "dump/load
cycle"?

If not, what do i need to do to upgrade to subversion 1.4?

Thank you.

Re: How to upgrade to subversion 1.4.0

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On 9/28/06, ying lcs <yi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running subversion 1.3 on windows XP.
> If I want to upgrade to subversion 1.4.0, do I need to do a "dump/load
> cycle"?
>
> If not, what do i need to do to upgrade to subversion 1.4?

Just install it (best to shut down svnserve or Apache while you're
doing it).  The dump/load cycle is only required if you want to take
advantage of the new diff algorithm.  This is in the release notes.