Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Pettit <jo...@logictier.com> on 2000/07/14 23:08:54 UTC

Dsitributed session help...

Hi All,

I'm working with Tomcat 3.1; my understanding is that load balancing is
working for that version. I'm trying to do a simple config with one instance
of apache load balancing between two instances of Tomcat.  That all seems to
be working, but I can't figure out how the get the sessions to be sticky.
The JSESSIONID cookies are appending the route identifier to the cookie
value (e.g. JESSIONID=To1020mC3453730581940907At.JS1), but subsequent
requests are equally likely to go to JS2 (and a new cookie ending in .JS2 is
set).

The tomcat.conf file I'm using follows. Any help would be so very much
appreciaited.

Thanks,
John Pettit

-------

ApJServManual on
ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv12
ApJServMountCopy on
ApJServLogLevel notice
ApJServDefaultPort 8007

AddType test/jsp .jsp
AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp
Alias /examples /apps/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/examples
<Directory "/apps/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/examples">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /examples/servlet balance://set1/zone1
<Location /examples/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

# my own set of JServs for servlet zone "zone1"
ApJServBalance set1  JServ1
ApJServBalance set1  JServ2

ApJServHost JServ1 ajpv12://jserv1.host.com:8007
ApJServHost JServ2 ajpv12://jserv2.host.com:8007

ApJServRoute JS1 JServ1
ApJServRoute JS2 JServ2

#ApJServShmFile log/jserv_shm

ApJServSecretKey DISABLED