Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Masters,Louis" <Lo...@fhlbny.com> on 2014/08/01 15:35:49 UTC

RE: case insensitive xpath assertion?

Can you post your xpath assertion so I can try it out.

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments (including, but not limited to, any attached e-mails) may be legally privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the contents to any other person. Thank you.

RE: case insensitive xpath assertion?

Posted by "Masters,Louis" <Lo...@fhlbny.com>.
If that doesn't work you can try:

translate('some text','abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz','ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ')

It's an old hack for old xPath.

Posted by Peter Peterse <pe...@peterse-uithuizen.com>.
Hello,

I'm not an expert but, did you try the function something like:
//TextList/Text/upper-case(BaseText)="JOHN"

Regards,
Peter

mhudson1976@aol.com schreef op 8-8-2014 17:34:
> //TextList/Text/BaseText="JOHN"
>
> and the input data is "JOHN"
>

> but the system converts it and saves it as "John"
>

> so the above test will fail.  And changing the data is not an option on such a large scale.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Peter Peterse

Re: case insensitive xpath assertion?

Posted by mh...@aol.com.