Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jonathan Corbin <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/11 23:28:41 UTC

problem with nested element in custom task

Hello,

I'm having trouble with a custom task.  I believe I'm
following the documentation to the letter, yet my
custem task still will not work.

Here's the relevant parts of build.xml:

<taskdef name="beangen"
classname="com.valleyrec.beangen.BeanTask"/>

<target name="example">
   <beangen destdir="${src.dir}">
      <fileset dir="beans" includes="*.xml"/>
   </beangen>
</target>

relevant parts of the Task:

import org.apache.tools.ant.types.FileSet;
public class BeanTask extends Task {
public void addConfiguredFileset(FileSet set) {
}
}

Yet, when I run ant, I get the following error:

Class com.valleyrec.beangen.BeanTask doesn't support
the nested "fileset" element

I've tried with both 1.4.6 and the most recent nightly
build, and I get the same result with both.  Anyone
have any ideas?

Jonboy

Re: problem with nested element in custom task

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
This all looks ok to me.  Does -debug yield any further details?

Are you compiling your task and using it in the same build?  I don't think
thats relevant, just curious.

1.4.6??  What is that?