Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by dorwin <do...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/26 21:59:49 UTC

Tomee Gradle Arquillian example

Can anyone point me to a complete app that uses Tomee, Gradle, and Arquillian
together. Is it too early for this and I should just stick with Tomee+Ant or
Tomee+Maven+Arquillian?

I've been using Tomee with Ant and Tomee embedded test cases from JUnit. The
start up time isn't that great for unit testing and I've had to roll a lot
of little changes into how the Tomee embedded instance gets started to
account for things like custom log4j settings, changes to server.xml and the
like. Maybe those things would go away with maven but maven isn't well liked
by some people that I work with. Another challenge I've had is CDI testing
from JUnit. This isn't a Tomee question,though.

I think I'd be happy if I could get a stack working with Tomee, Gradle, and
Arquillian. Then maybe another CDI testing framework on top of that for unit
testing.

Thanks for any comments!

Re: Tomee Gradle Arquillian example

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
ATM it is and gradle guys clearly said us use gradle to build or forget
plugins so it would need ius to change a bit our infra to get gradle which
is not high priority ATM ;)

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Same conf as mvn sample should work