Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Michael Ramirez <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/31 23:21:05 UTC

Porting MINA

Dear Mina_dev,

I would like to port Mina to Actionscript. Actionscript 3 now has support for Socket connections and many are beginning to implement protocols. A framework like Mina would be of great help. How can I get started on understanding Mina? I have read the docs a little and reviewed some example but I am having a hard time understanding the flow of things. Is there an example that uses the filter chain? is there a flow chart or class diagram?

Michael Ramirez

---------------------------------

Re: Porting MINA

Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Mar 31, 2006, at 4:21 PM, Michael Ramirez wrote:
> I would like to port Mina to Actionscript. Actionscript 3 now has
> support for Socket connections and many are beginning to implement
> protocols. A framework like Mina would be of great help. How can I
> get started on understanding Mina? I have read the docs a little
> and reviewed some example but I am having a hard time understanding
> the flow of things. Is there an example that uses the filter chain?
> is there a flow chart or class diagram?

Does Actionscript 3 implement non-blocking sockets, or blocking
sockets? It would have to implement non-blocking sockets in order to
port the ideas contained in MINA. I believe there are tools that
might reverse-engineer a class diagram from the source code.. How
proficient are you with Java? If you want to undertake a porting
effort, the java source will be your best bet.
-pete