Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/21 09:09:45 UTC

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] Proposals/BEP-0003 modified

I added some notes on environment setup and system information .

On 12/21/12, Apache Bloodhound <bl...@incubator.apache.org> wrote:
> Page "Proposals/BEP-0003" was changed by olemis
> Diff URL:
> <https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/Proposals/BEP-0003?action=diff&version=25>
> Revision 25
> Comment: [BEP-0003] Product environment and setup participants (e.g.
> database upgrades)
> Changes:
> -------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<--------

[...]
> -==== Legacy schema compatibility
> +==== Legacy schema compatibility #db-compatibility

[...]
> -===== trac tables
> +===== Trac tables #sql-tx-trac

Considering the fact that these two sections are quite technical and
implementation-specific I'd suggest moving them to a separate wiki
page (linked from BEP 3 ;) . BEP 3 is a bit heavy at the moment , and
there are still many open subjects . What d'u think ?

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] Proposals/BEP-0003 modified

Posted by Jure Zitnik <ju...@digiverse.si>.
On 12/21/12 9:14 AM, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On 12/21/12, Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I added some notes on environment setup and system information .
>>
>> On 12/21/12, Apache Bloodhound <bl...@incubator.apache.org> wrote:
>>> Page "Proposals/BEP-0003" was changed by olemis
>>> Diff URL:
>>> <https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/Proposals/BEP-0003?action=diff&version=25>
>>> Revision 25
>>> Comment: [BEP-0003] Product environment and setup participants (e.g.
>>> database upgrades)
>>> Changes:
>>> -------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<--------
> [...]
>> Considering the fact that these two sections are quite technical and
>> implementation-specific I'd suggest moving them to a separate wiki
>> page (linked from BEP 3 ;) . BEP 3 is a bit heavy at the moment , and
>> there are still many open subjects . What d'u think ?

Agree, BEP-3 is a bit heavy, I moved the example SQLs (legacy database
compatibility) to a separate wiki.

Cheers,
Jure

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] Proposals/BEP-0003 modified

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 12/21/12, Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I added some notes on environment setup and system information .
>
> On 12/21/12, Apache Bloodhound <bl...@incubator.apache.org> wrote:
>> Page "Proposals/BEP-0003" was changed by olemis
>> Diff URL:
>> <https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/Proposals/BEP-0003?action=diff&version=25>
>> Revision 25
>> Comment: [BEP-0003] Product environment and setup participants (e.g.
>> database upgrades)
>> Changes:
>> -------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<--------

[...]
> Considering the fact that these two sections are quite technical and
> implementation-specific I'd suggest moving them to a separate wiki
> page (linked from BEP 3 ;) . BEP 3 is a bit heavy at the moment , and
> there are still many open subjects . What d'u think ?

My previous comment was not accurate . These are the sections I was
talking about .

> -===== trac tables
> +===== Trac tables #sql-tx-trac

[...]