Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "skip@theDevers" <sk...@thedevers.org> on 2007/09/21 07:42:25 UTC

FindBy question

Can anyone tell me if any of the findBy methods using primary keys will
return matching records when only the first N bytes match?

For example, we have lots of GZ-xxxx in the demo Product table.  Are there
any findBy methods that will return all if I do something like

List m = findByxxx("Product", UtilMisc.toMap("productId", "GZ");

I expect findByLike will do it, but I didnt want to do a "like" search where
I might bet back "AmGZ123" and similiar.  I want to get back only records
starting with GZ.

I can dig through the source, but I was hoping some of the more experienced
folks could save me the trouble as I can't find documentation on it.

Skip

Re: FindBy question

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.
Use the % wildcard

List m = findByLike("Product", UtilMisc.toMap("productId", "GZ%");

or you can use findByAnd with a list of expressions, there are plenty of
examples in the code to work from.

Regards
Scott