Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Huaxin <hx...@cs.ualberta.ca> on 2001/11/12 00:13:03 UTC

"forward" to servlet not go through Filter

When my form action refers to a servlet, the filter of that
servlet got called.

however, when i am using JSP for that form, and that JSP
forward to the servlet, that filter is not called.

I need JSP for the "setAttribute(*)", if I can do that
using Servlet, i may probably do away with JSP then.

I am using 4.0.1 on 2000.  what can be wrong with the programs?

thanx

Re: "forward" to servlet not go through Filter

Posted by Janek Bogucki <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
There was a thread about this recently. Have a look at
Craigs post:

http://mikal.org/interests/java/tomcat/archive/view?mesg=47498

-Janek

 --- Huaxin <hx...@cs.ualberta.ca> wrote: > When my