Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Ian <ia...@amham.net> on 2012/05/27 11:35:44 UTC

[Dev] Redundant information in ODF document

Hi,

I am interested in looking into the ODF documents produced by AOO with
a respect to the document schema etc.

One thing I noticed when creating a simple almost "Hello World"
document is that there are some unused and probably not required font
infomation in the content.xml.

<office:font-face-decls>
svg:font-family="'Lohit Devanagari'"/>
Bookman L'" style:font-adornments="Light"
style:font-pitch="variable"/>
svg:font-family="'Liberation Serif'" style:font-family-generic="roman"
style:font-pitch="variable"/>
svg:font-family="'Liberation Sans'" style:font-family-generic="swiss"
style:font-pitch="variable"/>
svg:font-family="'Lohit Devanagari'"
style:font-family-generic="system" style:font-pitch="variable"/>
style:font-family-generic="system" style:font-pitch="variable"/>
</office:font-face-decls>

Is this by design? Why? Or some sort of bug?

Only the URW Bookman font is used by the few lines of text in the document.

And looking into the Styles xml document I see tons of possibly
redundant entries. There for possible future edits of the document? Eg
Footer styles.

Cheers,

Ian

Re: Fwd: [Dev] Redundant information in ODF document

Posted by Ian <ia...@amham.net>.
Thanks Rob,

makes sense,

The automatic styles seem non intuitively named to me, but thanks for
the explanation.
I shall check it out to clarify it in my little brain.

Cheers,

Ian

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ian <ia...@amham.net>.