Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Stathis G. Arapostathis" <e....@gmail.com> on 2019/01/11 18:04:47 UTC

[users@httpd] port forwarding and other options for having access to my apache server through the ip address

Dear Sirs / Madams,

  I was wondering on how I could configure my router and make any other
necessary configurations in order to open up my localhost to the web and
letting internet users to access my locally stored pages by putting my ip
address.

I have an old router and no support is available. My isp does not have
support and I received zero responses from the router's support service. I
think I have added a port in my router's menu but still internet users do
not have access on it.

I am using the latest ms4w package which uses apache 2.4.27 along with
mapserver and few other mapping tools.

My router is the technicolor td5130.

Could anyone provide some feedback please?

Thank you.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: [users@httpd] port forwarding and other options for having access to my apache server through the ip address

Posted by angel Hall-Coulston <ra...@me.com.INVALID>.
Hi,
Also be very careful that you are not breaching the Terms of your ISP. They for obvious reasons don’t allow just anybody to serve websites or other files…. You have to have permission as they WILL find you out and if it’s against terms, they could block you…
It’s ALWAYS best to have a static IP assigned for stability…
Don’t want to be a spoilsport, just giving fair warning !

Posted by John <jo...@iliffe.ca>.

Posted by Jonathon Koyle <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Stathis G. Arapostathis" <e....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathon Koyle <li...@gmail.com>.