Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jakov Sosic <ja...@srce.hr> on 2011/07/16 01:00:37 UTC

[users@httpd] Rewrite & JkMount

Hi.

I'm trying to set up the following scenario:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName app.example.com

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/app
RewriteRule ^$ /app/ [P]

JkMount /app* loadbalancer
</VirtualHost>

So what I want is to redirect app.example.com and
app.example.com/whatever to that JkMount...

What am I doing wrong? I tried without RewriteCond but no luck either...

--
Jakov Sosic
www.srce.hr

Re: [users@httpd] Rewrite & JkMount

Posted by Jakov Sosic <ja...@srce.hr>.
On 07/16/2011 01:17 AM, Jakov Sosic wrote:
> On 07/16/2011 01:00 AM, Jakov Sosic wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I'm trying to set up the following scenario:
>>
>> <VirtualHost *:80>
>> ServerName app.example.com
>>
>> RewriteEngine on
>> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/app
>> RewriteRule ^$ /app/ [P]
>>
>> JkMount /app* loadbalancer
>> </VirtualHost>
>>
>> So what I want is to redirect app.example.com and
>> app.example.com/whatever to that JkMount...
>>
>> What am I doing wrong? I tried without RewriteCond but no luck either...
>>

> OK it seems that I solved the problem...
>
> This is a solution:
>
>         # Redirect to webchat
>         RewriteEngine on
>         RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/(app|jkstatus)(/)?$
>         RewriteRule ^.*$ /app [PT]
>

> so now everything is redirected to app.example.com/app, even if user
> tries to go to app.example.com/appppppppppppppppppppp -> apache
> redirects it to /app (JkMount).

OK I had one more thing to fix up... Cond rule did not work flawlessly,
this is a final soultion:

# Redirect to webchat
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/(webchat|jkstatus)(/.*)?$
RewriteRule ^.*$ /webchat [PT]

Thing is, if REQUEST_URI was /webchat/something?something, then
mod_rewrite would rewrite it to /webchat... With (/.*)? I just skip
rewriting for anything that starts with /webchat/

Posted by Jakov Sosic <ja...@srce.hr>.