Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/30 20:24:10 UTC

Data migration 0.20 -> 0.89 Q

Hi,

I tried to find the info on data migration from 0.20 to 0.89 and so far
wasn't successful.

I noticed that migrate utility is not in the code base for the 0.89 anymore.

is there a way or howto somewhere about how to migrate compacted 0.20 tables
to 0.89 tables?

Thanks in advance .
Dmitriy

PS. i am trying to migration from 0.20.5 to 0.89-rc1-stumbleupon+yesterday's
HRegion patch

Thank you .

Re: Data migration 0.20 -> 0.89 Q

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.
you mean, i don't have to run anything and it will pick that up except i
can't go back? that works.

Re: Data migration 0.20 -> 0.89 Q

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
hi,

Re: Data migration 0.20 -> 0.89 Q

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Ryan, Jean-Daniel.

That's extremely nice. I don't care about going back so much.

One question though -- in the case of going back -- are export routine
formats compatible or i'd have to pump the data thru a format of my own if i
want to re-flush it back?

Thanks.
-Dmitriy

Re: Data migration 0.20 -> 0.89 Q