Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "saraba@wcoil" <sa...@wcoil.com> on 2013/03/16 04:47:18 UTC

Licenceing Issue

I found a EBay auction that does not look Legitimate , They are attempting
to sell your product.

The title says it all.

There is no such thing as Open Office home and student 2013.

And there is no such thing as Microsoft Windows Professional Pro..

I just thought you should be aware of this auction.

EBay

Item Number : 360612653013

Re: Licenceing Issue

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
saraba@wcoil wrote:
> I found a EBay auction that does not look Legitimate , They are attempting
> to sell your product.

Hi, it seems that I cannot see the full item listing at
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360612653013 since bidding has ended, but, in
short, selling unmodified copies of OpenOffice (or virtually any other
free and open source software) is not forbidden, see for example:
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html and see the full OpenOffice
license at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html

> There is no such thing as Open Office home and student 2013.
> ... I just thought you should be aware of this auction.

This might be worth a look. The Apache OpenOffice name and logo are an
Apache trademark. Violations should be reported to the private list, see
http://openoffice.apache.org/mailing-lists.html#legacy-openofficeorg-lists
; so if you happen to find an EBay auction that uses the OpenOffice name
or logo in an improper way, please contact us.

Regards,
   Andrea.