Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Reigner_Y <re...@yrastorza.us> on 2008/08/20 14:39:16 UTC

ActiveMQ active connection limitations

Hi All,

I am new to ActiveMQ, and I have a few questions regarding ActiveMQ 5.1 -

- What is the number of active connections can an activemq 5.1 handle? 1,000
- 10,000 active connections? The server is built for activemq use only -

server specs -

Amazon EC2 small instance
1.7GB RAM
100MBPS Bandwidth speed

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Reigner Y

Re: ActiveMQ active connection limitations

Posted by Reigner_Y <re...@yrastorza.us>.
Hi James,

Thanks for the quick reply and info.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
2008/8/20 Reigner_Y <re...@yrastorza.us>:

> Hi All,
>
> I am new to ActiveMQ, and I have a few questions regarding ActiveMQ 5.1 -
>
> - What is the number of active connections can an activemq 5.1 handle? 1,000
> - 10,000 active connections? The server is built for activemq use only -
>
> server specs -
>
> Amazon EC2 small instance
> 1.7GB RAM
> 100MBPS Bandwidth speed
>
> Thanks in advance!

It depends on how you configure your OS and what kinda message volume
and load you are expecting; the unix file descriptors is usually the
main limitation which dictates how many sockets a single Java process
can have - but you can easily set that to something large.

For low volume, 10,000 should be fine - for medium to high volume
probably more like 500-1000
--
James
-------