Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by joe schmo <ge...@hotmail.com> on 2019/04/06 10:26:36 UTC

JavaFX debug

I'm trying to debug a JavaFX program but it doesn't seem to recognize my breakpoints.  Anyone else experience this?  If so how did you fix it.

Thanks

BC

Re: JavaFX debug

Posted by Thomas Zimmermann <zi...@gmail.com>.
Right, the line `<release>12</release>` in the `pom.xml` instructs javac
to compile for Java 12. Changing it back to 11 should work, JavaFX 12 is
compatible with Java 11.
But if you can upgrade, JDK 12 is the better choice anyway.

Glad I could help!

Thomas

To do this, edit $NETBEANS_DIR/etc/netbeans.conf and set
netbeans_jdkhome="/home/username/jdk-12.0.1"

On 2019/04/26 10:52:19, joe schmo <g....@hotmail.com> wrote:
 > I downloaded your example and it works for me. I did have to change
JDK 11 to JDK 12 to get it to work not sure why but regardless I can
debug my JavaFX program now.>

Re: JavaFX debug

Posted by joe schmo <ge...@hotmail.com>.

________________________________
Posted by Thomas Zimmermann <zi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: JavaFX debug

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
Yes, and so we're asking him to provide that info.

Thanks,

Gj

Re: JavaFX debug

Posted by joe schmo <ge...@hotmail.com>.

Re: JavaFX debug

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
You change this:

Re: JavaFX debug

Re: JavaFX debug

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Re: JavaFX debug

Posted by joe schmo <ge...@hotmail.com>.

Re: JavaFX debug

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Re: JavaFX debug

Posted by joe schmo <ge...@hotmail.com>.

Re: JavaFX debug

Posted by Thomas Zimmermann <zi...@gmail.com>.
This works for me:

Re: JavaFX debug

Posted by joe schmo <ge...@hotmail.com>.
Doesn't work for me either

JDK 11.0.2
NetBeans 11.0
Windows 10
________________________________
Posted by Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com.INVALID>.

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

Re: JavaFX debug

Posted by "Luff,Chris" <Ch...@Cerner.com.INVALID>.
Works for me…

        <action>
            <actionName>debug</actionName>
            <packagings>
                <packaging>jar</packaging>
            </packagings>
            <goals>
                <goal>process-classes</goal>
                <goal>org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.5.0:exec</goal>
            </goals>
            <properties>
                <exec.args>-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=n,address=${jpda.address} -classpath %classpath com.mypackage.MainApp</exec.args>
                <exec.executable>java</exec.executable>
                <jpda.listen>true</jpda.listen>
            </properties>
        </action>

You’re going to need to share some additional information - JDK, NetBeans version etc.

> On 6 Apr 2019, at 11:26, joe schmo <ge...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm trying to debug a JavaFX program but it doesn't seem to recognize my breakpoints.  Anyone else experience this?  If so how did you fix it.
>
> Thanks
>
> BC

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024. Cerner Limited, Registered in England no 2519305, Registered Office 37 North Wharf Road, London W2 1AF.