Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Felipe Nascimento <fe...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/17 03:49:01 UTC

CatalinaContainer.java:601:ERROR - (OFBiz newby)

Hi all,

my name os Felipe. I have downloaded OFBiz for the first time. I got
the weekly release ofbiz_opentaps_421950. I executed "ant", the "ant
run-install" ant then "startofbiz.bat". I get the following error. Any
help is wellcome.

Tks Felipe

10312[    ContainerLoader.java:83 :INFO ] [Startup] Starting containers...
10328[  ServiceDispatcher.java:170:INFO ] Registered dispatcher: RMIDispatcher
10328[  GenericDispatcher.java:85 :INFO ] [LocalDispatcher] : Created
Dispatcher for: RMIDispatcher
10859[    ContainerLoader.java:102:INFO ] Shutting down containers
10859[  CatalinaContainer.java:601:ERROR]
Posted by Walter Vaughan <wv...@steelerubber.com>.
Felipe Nascimento wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> my name os Felipe. I have downloaded OFBiz for the first time. I got
> the weekly release ofbiz_opentaps_421950. I executed "ant", the "ant
> run-install" ant then "startofbiz.bat". I get the following error. Any
> help is wellcome.

I too am a newbie, but I had no problem installing opentaps or ofbiz on my
desktop, or a server, yet my laptop was nothing but trouble, and I gave up until
this weekend. I was geting similar errors to you with both 0.9.1 version of
opentaps and svn version of ofbiz.

Finally I got smart, or at least this is what I did to finally get it to work.

I had 8 copies of Java (1.4.2 and updates and 1.5 and updates) and one JDK.

I removed every Java instance until java was no more.

I then downloaded a fresh copy of Java 5 SDK, installed it, and reset my
JAVA_HOME environmental variable.

That has fixed my problem. My old SDK was a 1.4.2_ series so it had to be a
buggered version of Java, rather than a Java2 vs Java5 issue.

--
Walter
...who is on his way to Chicago this morning to the Aftermarket-eForum for his

Re: CatalinaContainer.java:601:ERROR - (OFBiz newby)

Posted by Felipe Nascimento <fe...@gmail.com>.
Yep. I know....
dont know why I did not install java in a "no space path" last time.
Anyway. That was it. I reinstalled Java 5 in a no space path, and I am
up and running now.

Tks a lot and sorry for that.
PS. At least you now know it runs on Java 1.5 :-)

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Felipe Nascimento <fe...@gmail.com>.
My DOS log shows more stuff.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I don't blame you.

Posted by Felipe Nascimento <fe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Thanks David.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
it takes some changes to work on 1.5.
if you want to run it as it comes from the sVN, I suggest you add 1.4
SDK and change your path in the startofbiz.bat.
also set you java_home to the 1.4 SDK

Felipe Nascimento sent the following on 7/16/2006 7:06 PM:

Posted by Felipe Nascimento <fe...@gmail.com>.
tks a lot

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Also note there is a support group for opensourcestrategies
 From My understanding, their image is a little different from the

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
This may not be a problem with the specific version or build you have. You may have other things running on the system that interfere, or a JRE without the SDK/JDK, etc.

-David

Posted by Felipe Nascimento <fe...@gmail.com>.
Sure.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.