Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Kedarnath Dixit <ke...@persistent.com> on 2017/11/13 16:58:40 UTC

Use of Accumulators

Hi,

We need some way to toggle the flag of  a variable in transformation.

We are thinking to make use of spark  Accumulators for this purpose.

Can we use these as below:

Variables  -> Initial Value

 Variable1 -> 0

 Variable2 -> 0

In one of the transformations if we need to make Variable2's value to 1. Can we achieve this using Accumulators? Please confirm.

Thanks!

With Regards,

~Kedar Dixit

kedarnath_dixit@persistent.com | @kedarsdixit | M +91 90499 15588 | T +91 (20) 6703 4783

Persistent Systems | Partners In Innovation | www.persistent.com
DISCLAIMER
==========

Re: Use of Accumulators

Posted by Kedarnath Dixit <ke...@persistent.com>.
Yes!

Thanks!
~Kedar Dixit
Bigdata Analytics at Persistent Systems Ltd.

________________________________
Posted by Holden Karau <ho...@pigscanfly.ca>.

RE: Use of Accumulators

[hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=29995&i=2> | @kedarsdixit | M <a href="tel:+91%2090499%2015588" value="+919049915588" target="_blank">+91 90499 15588 | T <a href="tel:+91%2020%206703%204783" value="+912067034783" target="_blank">+91 (20) 6703 4783

Re: Use of Accumulators

Posted by Holden Karau <ho...@pigscanfly.ca>.

Re: Use of Accumulators

Posted by vaquar khan <va...@gmail.com>.
Confirmed ,you can use Accumulators :)

Regards,
Vaquar khan

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 10:58 AM, Kedarnath Dixit <
kedarnath_dixit@persistent.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> We need some way to toggle the flag of  a variable in transformation.
>

> We are thinking to make use of spark  Accumulators for this purpose.
>

> Can we use these as below:
>

> Variables  -> Initial Value
>
>  Variable1 -> 0
>
>  Variable2 -> 0
>

> In one of the transformations if we need to make Variable2's value to 1.
> Can we achieve this using Accumulators? Please confirm.
>

> Thanks!
>

> With Regards,
>
> *~Kedar Dixit*
>
> kedarnath_dixit@persistent.com | @kedarsdixit | M +91 90499 15588
> <+91%2090499%2015588> | T +91 (20) 6703 4783 <+91%2020%206703%204783>
>
> *Persistent Systems | **Partners In Innovation** | www.persistent.com
> <http://www.persistent.com>*
> DISCLAIMER
> mails.