Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "Parminder S. Lehal" <pl...@lehal.net> on 2021/07/29 20:05:05 UTC

database upgrade

Hello,
What is the best path for upgrading ofbiz database from older version(12)
to current production(17) as importing database backup  on top of created
database schema complains about foreign key constraints violations.
Running current ofbiz on old database  although does work but does not
 make any database schema changes. Is there any specific tool in the ofbiz
package for updating database schema or for testing its compliance?

If we load default seed data and then import xml using web tools then most
of sequences  get thrown out of sync(which is not that that hard to fix..)
but wanted to know if  there is any better technique.

Parminder S. Lehal

Re: database upgrade

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Hello,

Help yourself, all database change is present here
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Revisions+Requiring+Data+Migration+-+upgrade+ofbiz

Copy your database run different sql to migrate some entities and let's rock

Nicolas