Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Me Self <wm...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/17 10:31:44 UTC

windows install

Hi All

Having trouble installing couchdb 1.5.1_R16B02 binary on Window 7.

I selected not to install as a window service. Chose the default location
C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\CouchDB\. Ran
bin\couchdb.bat. Resulted in an endless scroll of error messages.

The readme says that permissions on /var and /etc was set to make them
accessible by anyone but they weren't. After fixing that I tried running
couchdb.bat again but same errors. What do I need to do?

This is some of the error output:

=CRASH REPORT==== 17-Apr-2014::09:59:23 ===
  crasher:
    initial call: couch_replicator_manager:init/1
    pid: <0.1082.0>
    registered_name: couch_replicator_manager
    exception exit: {unexpected_msg,
                        {'EXIT',<0.1083.0>,
                            {{badmatch,
                                 {changes_args,"continuous",fwd,0,
                                     1000000000000000,main_only,undefined,

 infinity,[],undefined,[],true,false,[]}},
                             [{couch_changes,handle_changes,3,
                                  [{file,

 "c:/relax/APACHE~2.0/src/couchdb/couch_changes.erl"},
                                   {line,46}]},
                              {couch_replicator_manager,
                                  '-changes_feed_loop/0-fun-1-',3,
                                  [{file,

 "c:/cygwin/relax/APACHE~1.1/src/COUCH_~1/src/couch_replicator_manager.erl"},
                                   {line,241}]}]}}}
      in function  gen_server:terminate/6 (gen_server.erl, line 744)
    ancestors: [couch_secondary_services,couch_server_sup,<0.36.0>]
    messages: []
    links: [<0.1011.0>,<0.1084.0>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: true
    status: running
    heap_size: 2586
    stack_size: 27
    reductions: 4063
  neighbours:
    neighbour: [{pid,<0.1084.0>},
                  {registered_name,[]},
                  {initial_call,{couch_event_sup,init,['Argument__1']}},
                  {current_function,{gen_server,loop,6}},
                  {ancestors,[couch_replicator_manager,
                              couch_secondary_services,couch_server_sup,
                              <0.36.0>]},
                  {messages,[{'$gen_cast',stop}]},
                  {links,[<0.1082.0>,<0.1005.0>]},
                  {dictionary,[]},
                  {trap_exit,false},
                  {status,runnable},
                  {heap_size,233},
                  {stack_size,9},
                  {reductions,32}]

Re: windows install

Posted by Me Self <wm...@gmail.com>.
R14 on win7 works for me - installed with no win service, no admin. Thanks
for helping :)

​

Re: windows install

Posted by Nick North <no...@gmail.com>.
There was a problem with the Windows R16B02 installation file, and I've now
replaced the one at http://couchdb.apache.org/ with a new copy that should
work. Please do try it and report back if you find any issues. Many thanks
for reporting the problem,

Nick

Re: windows install

Posted by Nick North <no...@gmail.com>.

Re: windows install

Posted by Nick North <no...@gmail.com>.

Re: windows install

Posted by Me Self <wm...@gmail.com>.

Re: windows install

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 8:32 PM, Nick North <no...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This file reports itself as 58,305KB in Windows Explorer and the MD5 is
> ffab80d947e88dc3b36e515d2437a37b. Is that the same file that you are
> installing? If so, then I'm running out of ideas on what's going on.

No, it's cb5b60ca59c0b43e0cd9aba70955c9
4d for me - probably I get it
from the mirror that hadn't received the update yet.
Download it again with hash ffab80d947e88dc3b36e515d2437a37b - works
like a charm!
Thanks for helping (:

--
,,,^..^,,,

Re: windows install

Posted by Nick North <no...@gmail.com>.
OK - I'm baffled. I downloaded the latest installer from one of the
mirrors, and installed it as a service on both Win7 and Win8.1, and it
worked fine. I also tried it as a non-service on both, and it work fine. I
don't have a Windows Server version to try it on at the moment, but it
seems unlikely to be different.

Re: windows install

Posted by Nick North <no...@gmail.com>.

Re: windows install