Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Jam (Xiaofeng)" <xj...@hotmail.com> on 2002/02/04 14:28:42 UTC

Service file location (Tomcat 4)

Hi,

  I have read previous postings on Tomcat4 and soap2.2 configurations, but i
am still unable to solve my problem.

I got a SOAP fault: BadTargetObjectURI whenever I try to access my service
files. I know that this is due to where I should place my service classes.
In Tomcat 3.2.3, I just have to place "." in my classpath where i contain my
class files as well as where i started tomcat.Everything worked well for
Tomcat 3.2.3. Everything compiled well for Tomcat4 except that runtime
error.

Anybody who can help me with this problem?

My system:
Tomcat 4.0
Soap 2.2
Win XP
JDK1.3v02

PS:
I know that Tomcat4 uses a different class loading whatever... and I am not
making a Web application, I am just developing a separate JAVA application
to access the service class files. Regarding placing SOAP.war thing, I am
not really sure how to get that working also. And that is for developing a
web application, issit?

Thank you!
Jamie

Re: Service file location (Tomcat 4)

Posted by Aczel Csilla <ac...@freemail.hu>.
I think, you should create a jar file that contains your service classes and
you should place it into TomCat/lib directory.

I hope it helps you,
Csilla

Re: Service file location (Tomcat 4)