Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by andzik <an...@interia.pl> on 2012/08/08 13:25:10 UTC

Problem with hadoop filesystem after restart cluster

Hello! I have problem with hadoop filesystem after restart cluster. When i
execute command: 'hadoop fs -ls / ' it doesn't show any directories. I'm
sure that before restart there was some directories (for example /user).

Do I have to start any processes?

Any help would be appreciate

Re: Problem with hadoop filesystem after restart cluster

Posted by Bejoy Ks <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy

Is your hadoop.tmp.dir or dfs.name.dir configured to /tmp? If so it can
happen as /tmp dir gets wiped out on OS restarts

Regards
Bejoy KS