Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/13 00:00:26 UTC

[JMS] ** Important ** Changing Default Destination Syntax to the new Addressing format from the 0.7 release !

Hi All,

For the 0.6 release the destination syntax defaults to the old binding
URL format.
But as agreed earlier, we should change the default to the new
addressing syntax from the 0.7 release.

However if one needs to continue using the old syntax, then the
following options will override the default.
1. Prefix the string with "BURL:" (note the colon)
2. Use -Dqpid.dest_syntax=BURL

If there are any objections to this please speak now or hold your
peace forever :)

Regards,

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: [JMS] ** Important ** Changing Default Destination Syntax to the new Addressing format from the 0.7 release !

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Marnie,

Apologies if I wasn't very clear.

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 4:06 AM, Marnie McCormack
<ma...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rajith,
>
> Thanks for the heads up.
>
> Just wondered if there's ar eason we need to use both a prefix and a system
> property - I assume its so people can mix old & new style URLs on one client
> vm

Yes the prefix is there so people could use a mix of both if needed.
If only one type is needed, then you don't need to use the prefix at
all (you just need to set the default).
The system property is used to set the default.

> i.e anything not prefixed with BURL will be parsed as new style even if
> the system prop is set ?
No you don't need to prefix if the system prop is set.

For 0.6
---------------
The default was set to BURL.
In 0.6 if no prefix is specified then it was interpreted as BURL.
If a user wanted ADDR, then either the string had to be prefixed with
"ADDR:" or use -Dqpid.dest_syntax=ADDR to override the default.

For 0.7
-------------
It will be the opposite.

Does this clear things up for you?

Regards,

Rajith

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Rajith,

Thanks for the heads up.

Just wondered if there's ar eason we need to use both a prefix and a system
property - I assume its so people can mix old & new style URLs on one client
vm i.e anything not prefixed with BURL will be parsed as new style even if
the system prop is set ?