Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ekkehard Gentz <ek...@gentz-software.de> on 2002/06/06 21:30:33 UTC

mod_expires - how does it work with apache 2.0.36

hi,
I want to set Expires.... in the http-header
but it doesn't work

is this wrong ?
<IfModule mod_expires.c>

ExpiresDefault "access plus 1 month"

ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 month"

</IfModule>

thanks for help

ekkehard

RE: mod_expires - how does it work with apache 2.0.36

Posted by Ekkehard Gentz <ek...@gentz-software.de>.
uuups
there was a wrong apache on the remote system
(so many different test-constellations
apache-tomcat...)

thanks for your tip ;-)

we'll try again

hopefully it will run then well

regards

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Ekkehard Gentz wrote:

> hi joshua,
>
> the modules shpould be available.
>
> from httpd.conf
> AddModule mod_expires.c
> AddModule mod_headers.c

Well, something is obviously a little funky here, because you say you are
using 2.0.36, but there is no AddModule directive in Apache 2.0.36.  Could
you perhaps be mixing up config files?

Joshua.

RE: mod_expires - how does it work with apache 2.0.36

Posted by Ekkehard Gentz <ek...@gentz-software.de>.
sorry there was a copy/paste bug

should be:

LoadModule expires_module modules/mod_expires.so
LoadModule headers_module modules/mod_headers.so
AddModule mod_expires.c
AddModule mod_headers.c

Posted by Ekkehard Gentz <ek...@gentz-software.de>.
hi joshua,

the modules shpould be available.

from httpd.conf
AddModule mod_expires.c
AddModule mod_headers.c
AddModule mod_expires.c
AddModule mod_headers.c

and under .../Apache/modules are following files:

mod_expires.so
mod_headers.so

-----
now we have deleted the if modules... lines

ExpiresDefault "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 month"
Header append Cache-Control "public, must-revalidate, max-age=100000"

----------------------------------
Cache-Control is added to the http header
but no Expires entries

any idea ?

apache 2.0.36 under W2K

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Ekkehard Gentz wrote:

> hi,
> I want to set Expires.... in the http-header
> but it doesn't work
>
> is this wrong ?
> <IfModule mod_expires.c>
>
> ExpiresDefault "access plus 1 month"
>
> ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 month"
>
> </IfModule>

That looks right.  Are sure you have mod_expires included in the server?
Remove the <IfModule ...> and </IfModule> lines, which are not necessary
and simply hide problems.

Joshua.