Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Dave Lester <da...@ischool.berkeley.edu> on 2013/09/10 19:36:34 UTC

Apache Mesos/Aurora + Apache Stratos

Hi All,

I originally posted the Aurora incubation proposal (which we'll put up for
a vote soon once our code goes online), and I noticed that it was briefly
discussed on this list a few weeks ago. I'm also an Apache Mesos committer,
and just now learning about Stratos.

There's a lot of interest in the Mesos community for running a PaaS on top
of Mesos, so I'd like to understand Stratos more and whether it makes sense
for a collaboration between the projects. It's currently unclear what's
most-interesting to each project, but my initial read is that for Stratos,
the Aurora scheduler may seem like something you could use. For Mesos, the
container abstraction you've developed as part of Stratos could potentially
run as a Mesos executer (there's currently something similar under
development to run Docker containers).

Could a few core committers from each project sync in the next week to
flush out these ideas, and report back to the list?

Dave

Re: Apache Mesos/Aurora + Apache Stratos

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@wso2.com>.
Hi Dave,

This is a great thought!
+1 for synchronizing committers from each project.

After the initial discussion we had on Apache Mesos, I was interested on
learning how you have implemented isolation between tasks with Linux
Containers.
Hope we could have a very productive session.

Thanks

--
*Imesh Gunaratne*
Technical Lead

Re: Apache Mesos/Aurora + Apache Stratos

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,