Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Guang Yang <ko...@uber.com.INVALID> on 2018/10/01 17:35:59 UTC

Partition Level Access Control in Sentry

Hi community,

We're planning to add partition level access control based on Sentry. Just
want to know do we have any ongoing work or plan on this natively in Sentry?

Thanks,
Guang

Re: Partition Level Access Control in Sentry

Posted by Sergio Pena <se...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Hi Guang,

There are no plans or discussions yet about supporting partitions in
Sentry. I noticed that Hive/HMS has this support in its original
authorization support, so perhaps it would be good to add it in Sentry as
well.

I look forward to seeing this contribution to Sentry.
- Sergio