Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Pablo Ferrari <pa...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/01 17:48:10 UTC

Adding docs from MySQL and php

Hello all,

I'm new to the list and new to Solr. My name is Pablo, I'm from Spain and
I'm developing a web site using Solr.

I have Solr with the examples working correctly and now I would like to load
the data from a MySQL database using php.
Is the best way to do this to write a php script that get the info from the
MySQL and then generates an XML document to load into Solr? Is there a
maximum size for this XML document? My MySQL database is quite big...

Any help, book or internet tutorial you know will be really appreciated.

Thank you!

Pablo

Re: Adding docs from MySQL and php

Posted by Pablo Ferrari <pa...@gmail.com>.
wow, it looks like DIH already works with relational databases... thanks
again!

Posted by Pablo Ferrari <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Aakash!

Posted by Aakash Dharmadhikari <aa...@gmail.com>.