Posted to users@maven.apache.org by siegfried <si...@heintze.com> on 2007/10/02 07:27:46 UTC

How to always get latest version of the dependency?

How do I always download the latest version of the dependency? So far, I've
always had to specify the version of the dependency I want.

Thanks,

Siegfried

Re: How to always get latest version of the dependency?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 10/1/07, siegfried <si...@heintze.com> wrote:

> How do I always download the latest version of the dependency? So far, I've
> always had to specify the version of the dependency I want.

You have to specify a version.  Maven does have the concept of
dependency ranges... I wouldn't do it myself, but maybe it makes sense
in your situation.

As Heinrich mentiones, snapshots are another option.

--
Wendy

Re: How to always get latest version of the dependency?

Posted by Heinrich Nirschl <he...@gmail.com>.
On 10/2/07, siegfried <si...@heintze.com> wrote:
> How do I always download the latest version of the dependency? So far, I've
> always had to specify the version of the dependency I want.

You always have to specify the version. This helps to get repeatable builds.

As long as your project is still in SNAPSHOT state, you can specify a
dependency version
as a SNAPSHOT as well (e.g. 1.0-SNAPSHOT). You will get then the
latest 1.0-SNAPSHOT available. But this works only, if the
updatePolicy of the repository containing the snapshots is  set to
more frequently than "never".

- Henry