Posted to users@camel.apache.org by maheshadepu <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/10 17:57:05 UTC

file component - performance params

I am using file component for directory polling.
Can i customize this directory polling for specific time period(lets say 2am
to 3am) or duration.

And also i want to know if i use this file component in camel standalone
app. Do I have to consider
any of file or camel parameters for better performance?

Rigth now we had only few routes in our app. I didn't see any poor
performmance.

Thanks,
Mahesh

Re: file component - performance params

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

See these links
http://camel.apache.org/routepolicy
http://camel.apache.org/scheduledroutepolicy.html

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 5:57 PM, maheshadepu <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using file component for directory polling.
> Can i customize this directory polling for specific time period(lets say 2am
> to 3am) or duration.
>
> And also i want to know if i use this file component in camel standalone
> app. Do I have to consider
> any of file or camel parameters for better performance?
>
> Rigth now we had only few routes in our app. I didn't see any poor
> performmance.
>

> Thanks,
> Mahesh

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

RE: file component - performance params

Posted by Ra...@cognizant.com.
http://camel.apache.org/quartz.html

Use quartz and put a cronjob with specified time as parameters

I am using file component for directory polling.
Can i customize this directory polling for specific time period(lets say 2am
to 3am) or duration.

And also i want to know if i use this file component in camel standalone
app. Do I have to consider
any of file or camel parameters for better performance?

Rigth now we had only few routes in our app. I didn't see any poor
performmance.

Thanks,
Mahesh

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

RE: file component - performance params

Posted by maheshadepu <ma...@gmail.com>.
Oh yes. I totally forgot about quartz component.
Yes. I could use a trigger to do that like the way I was doing in other
routes.
Thanks for info.

RE: file component - performance params

Posted by Ra...@cognizant.com.