Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@cpan.org> on 2003/01/28 03:02:59 UTC

Re: [mp2] Sections, Method handlers

On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 09:01, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Randy J. Ray wrote:
> > Any indication of when/if these features will make it to mp2? I've been
> > trying to get my RPC::XML code (specifically the Apache::RPC::Server and
> > Apache::RPC::Status modules) to work under Apache2 and mod_perl2 (thanks
> > to Red Hat for pushing up my timetable on this by installing those).
>
> I guess Philippe can comment on the <Perl > sections part, I think it should
> be in RSN. What about method handlers? What's wrong with them?

Well, <Perl > sections are mostly done, except for :

* Apache::PerlSections missing features for backwards compatibility:
 - $Apache::Server::SaveConfig
 - $Apache::ReadConfig::DocumentRoot
 - $Apache::Server::StrictPerlSections
 - Apache::PerlSections->store(filename)

<Perl > sections were re-implemented from scratch and are supposed to be
theoritically backward-compatible. But the test suite is not quite
extensive...

Is there anything specific you found not working like in 1.x with your
<Perl > sections ?

Gozer out.

Re: [mp2] Sections, Method handlers

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 09:01, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>Randy J. Ray wrote:
>>
>>>Any indication of when/if these features will make it to mp2? I've been
>>>trying to get my RPC::XML code (specifically the Apache::RPC::Server and
>>>Apache::RPC::Status modules) to work under Apache2 and mod_perl2 (thanks
>>>to Red Hat for pushing up my timetable on this by installing those).
>>
>>I guess Philippe can comment on the <Perl > sections part, I think it should
>>be in RSN. What about method handlers? What's wrong with them?
>

> Well, <Perl > sections are mostly done, except for :
>
> * Apache::PerlSections missing features for backwards compatibility:
>  - $Apache::Server::SaveConfig
>  - $Apache::ReadConfig::DocumentRoot
>  - $Apache::Server::StrictPerlSections
>  - Apache::PerlSections->store(filename)

->dump? Apache::Status has:

sub status_section_config {
     my($r, $q) = @_;
     require Apache::PerlSections;
     ["<pre>", Apache::PerlSections->dump, "</pre>"];
}

Re: [mp2] Sections, Method handlers

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@cpan.org>.
On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 10:22, Randy J. Ray wrote:
> > Is there anything specific you found not working like in 1.x with your
> > <Perl > sections ?
>
> Actually, I got an error saying that <Perl> section support was not available
> yet. I'm running from rpm packages, and have mod_perl 1.99_05.

<Perl > sections were introduced in 1.99_08