Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/24 03:38:19 UTC

Solr Cloud multiple shards and replicas in one instance freezes

I run a test setup on my mac where I setup 4 cores 2 of which are
replicas in a single solr JVM instance.  I recently attempted to move
this same setup to Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS but the system seems to just
lock up.  I am running a local test which essentially adds 100 docs
and says commit after 10s, after doing this once the solr instance
just becomes non responsive, what can I look at to try to diagnose
why?  I've increased the number of open file descriptors for the user
running solr to 200,000.  Any pointers of where to look would be
great.

Re: Solr Cloud multiple shards and replicas in one instance freezes

Posted by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com>.
For whatever reason. I'm having difficult ulty reproducing the issue, I'll
continue to try and reproduce

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.