Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Gene Roske <Ge...@Computer.org> on 2002/01/18 06:26:08 UTC

Re: Multiple input source generating one output

Manish -

Here's how I have transformed multiple input files of differing document
types into one output:

<xsl:template match="/">
     <xsl:apply-templates select="document('input2.xml')" mode="type2"/>
     <xsl:apply-templates select="document('input3.xml')" mode="type3"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="/" mode="type2"/>
     <!-- template for second input file -->

</xsl:template>

The first input file is the handled by templates with no mode attribute.  The
other files are transformed by a set of templates with mode="type2", etc.
These templates, in turn, could also invoke other templates by
<xsl:call-template name="templatename">.

The additional file names can also be provided to the stylesheet using -PARAM
values on the command line and <xsl:param ...> elements..

                                                   - Gene Roske

Gene.Roske@Computer.org