Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Mike Ball <mi...@softwareag.co.uk> on 2000/07/26 10:24:40 UTC

Xalan can't retrieve stylesheet from IIS with basic authentication on?

I seem to be running into problems when using Xalan with URLs on a secured
web server.

I have a servlet which invokes Xalan to apply an XSLT transformation. The
transformation works fine when my server is set to allow anonymous access
but fails when I force Basic Authentication to be used.

The failure is in a method call of the type:

public void process(XSLTInputSource xmlSource,
                    XSLTInputSource xslStylesheet,
                    XSLTResultTarget resultTree)
             throws org.xml.sax.SAXException

Both my xmlSource and xslStylesheet are URLs on the same server as my
servlet. In my servlet error log I get a message:

org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException: File
"http://localhost/avdc/infodtl.xsl" not found.
	at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.error(XSLTEngineImpl.java:1630)
	at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.processStylesheet(XSLTEngineImpl.java:7
22)
	at com.avdc.utils.Query.Resolve(Query.bolero)
	at com.avdc.utils.QueryPresenter.doGet(QueryPresenter.bolero)
	at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1013)
	at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(JRunSE.java, Compiled Code)
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunNamedDispatcher.forward(JRunNamedDispatcher.java:34
)
	at allaire.jrun.servlet.Invoker.service(Invoker.java:84)
	at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1013)
	at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(JRunSE.java, Compiled Code)
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forward(JRunRequestDispatcher.jav
a:88)
	at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1131)
	at allaire.jrun.servlet.JvmContext.dispatch(JvmContext.java:330)
	at allaire.jrun.jrpp.ProxyEndpoint.run(ProxyEndpoint.java:354)
	at allaire.jrun.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java, Compiled Code)
	at allaire.jrun.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java, Compiled Code)

I've tried changing the "localhost" to the actual server name:- no
difference.

I then tried using a filename instead of a URL for my xslStylesheet. That
works OK. (Note: the xmlSource is still a URL).

Does anyone have an explanation for this behaviour? Is this a bug in Xalan?
I would appreciate an answer as I don't want to use  filenames in the
production system.

Configuration:-

Windows NT Server
IIS
JRUN 3
Xalan 1.0.1

Thanks in advance

Mike Ball

Application Services Consultant
Software AG UK

RE: Xalan can't retrieve stylesheet from IIS with basic authentication on?

Posted by Ed Staub <es...@mediaone.net>.
A wild guess:  do you need to say https://localhost... , not
http://localhost?