Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by jsmch <js...@web.de> on 2008/10/28 16:25:09 UTC

How may I access ConnectionFactory/Queues etc. with JNDI-lookup?

Hi,

i´ve a problem and was not able to find any answer in the last days.
I installed some ConnectionFactory and Topics in the "JMS
Resources"-menu-item from Geronimo.

Next step i need is to make a lookup on this objects from an
client-application. But even that´s the problem.
I don´t know how to manage it, that my Objects habe an simple jndi-name.
Those JMS-objects have to be accessable from any other client.

I also tried the <global-jndi-name>-Tag because i thought ths would help -
but surprisingly it is deprecated in the newer Versions and i don´t find
something to replace it?

Maybe somebody can help me :,(

Re: How may I access ConnectionFactory/Queues etc. with JNDI-lookup?

Posted by jsmch <js...@web.de>.
Ah alright.
Now it works.

I put the jndi.properties to the src-folder (where my self-coded
java-packages are located...).
With the following configuration (jndi.properties) it´s possible at last:
-----------------------------------
java.naming.factory.initial =
org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory

java.naming.provider.url = tcp://localhost:61616

topic.ChatTopic = ChatTopic
topic.UpdateTopic = UpdateTopic
-----------------------------------

The result (of ctx.list) is:
=========
ChatTopic,
dynamicQueues,
dynamicTopics,
TopicConnectionFactory,
ConnectionFactory,
UpdateTopic,
QueueConnectionFactory,
===========

thanks :handshake:

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Nov 4, 2008, at 2:53 PM, Marcus Better wrote:

> Hi,
>
> David Jencks wrote:
>> You should be putting the jndi.properties file in the of
>> your non-ee client application.  I would not advise trying to use the
>> amq properties based jndi inside geronimo.
>
> I have a slightly different scenario: I have a Spring application
> with a
> little GBean wrapper that I want to deploy. How can I get hold of the
> connection factory etc with JNDI from inside Geronimo? What is the
> appropriate InitialContext class?
>
> The connection factory and queue are configured in the server using
> the
> ActiveMQ RA.

IIUC you have a geronimo plan for the amq ra that you have deployed....

in 2.1.3 (I think) and trunk all the connection factores and
destinations are bound into jca:/<groupId>/<artifactId>/<type>/name.
Look in var/log/geronimo.log for the exact names used to bind.  As
long as you don't have any jndi.properties files or reset the jndi
properties anywhere you should be able to look up with plain new
InitialContext().lookup(...)

hope this works :-)
david jencks

Posted by Marcus Better <ma...@better.se>.
Hi,

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by jsmch <js...@web.de>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Hi jsmch,

Posted by jsmch <js...@web.de>.
Hi djencks,

Posted by Doug Reeder <re...@gmail.com>.
(Sorry to reply so late.)

Well, given that documentation for every other Java EE server
(including ones using OpenJPA) that comes up in a Google search for
jta-data-source says that you put the JNDI name of your DataSource
there, it seems reasonable to expect that Geronimo will interpret it
similarly.

While http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/datasource-connectionfactory-mdb-and-jpa.html
  and some other Geronimo doc pages say that Geronimo does not use
JNDI, most are not very clear on the matter.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

is not really relevant and the activemq documentation at http://activemq.apache.org/jndi-support.html

Posted by Doug Reeder <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
This is in fact a user list question.... but please don't cross post.
I responded on the dev list but if you have further problems please
only post to the user list.

david jencks