Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andrei Tchijov <an...@tchijov.com> on 2007/10/22 22:54:54 UTC

Using JNDI. java:comp .... not defined?

Hi,
   I guess I am missing something very very basic, but I can not see
what it is.  I am trying to make some resources available via JNDI. I
have put appropriate "GlabalNamingResources/Resource" into my
server.xml ( and I think I did it properly - at least tomcat is not
complaining about ).  The only problem is that I am getting

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name comp is not bound in this
Context
         at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.list(NamingContext.java:344)
         at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.list(NamingContext.java:367)
         at org.apache.naming.SelectorContext.list
(SelectorContext.java:306)
         at javax.naming.InitialContext.list(InitialContext.java:395)

when I am trying to do " ... initCtx.list( "java:comp/env" ); ...".
Do I need to do anything to "enable" JNDI? Does it make any
difference that I am trying to use JNDI from Valve?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Andrei

Re: Using JNDI. java:comp .... not defined?

Posted by Andrei Tchijov <an...@tchijov.com>.
I am using 5.5.20

Posted by foo shyn <fo...@optegra.com.my>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.