Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Bharath Mundlapudi <mu...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/14 19:34:14 UTC

Latest Pig vs Hive comparisons

Hello Community,

Is there any document/blog comparing different features offered by Pig 0.8
(0.9, 0.10) or greater and Hive 0.8 (0.9)?

-Bharath

Re: Latest Pig vs Hive comparisons

Posted by Bharath Mundlapudi <mu...@gmail.com>.
>> So the differences are too numerous to mention.

>From a feature point of view (at a macro level) not many difference. IMHO,
Lars did a fantastic job of listing those differences. Unfortunately, both
the projects are moving targets and that article needs an update. If time
permits, I will write a blog on this.

-Bharath

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.

>>> russell.jurney@gmail.com