Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Sahoo <sa...@oracle.com> on 2010/12/05 12:08:18 UTC

Not able to promote the staging repo

Hi,

I am trying to promote the binaries for eventadmin 1.2.8. I have
uploaded them to the Felix dist directory
(/x1/www/www.apache.org/dist/felix) on people.apache.org. The next step
as per the document is:
/
login to https://repository.apache.org with your Apache SVN credentials.
Click on Staging. Find your closed staging repository, right click on it
and choose Promote. Select the Releases repository from the drop-down
list and click Promote./

I see the "Promote" button disabled. There are two options available to
me: "Release," "Drop". Should I chose "Release?"

Thanks,
Sahoo

Re: Not able to promote the staging repo

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 05.12.10 12:08, "Sahoo" <sa...@oracle.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am trying to promote the binaries for eventadmin 1.2.8. I have
>uploaded them to the Felix dist directory
>(/x1/www/www.apache.org/dist/felix) on people.apache.org. The next step
>as per the document is:
>/
>login to https://repository.apache.org with your Apache SVN credentials.
>Click on Staging. Find your closed staging repository, right click on it
>and choose Promote. Select the Releases repository from the drop-down
>list and click Promote./
>
>I see the "Promote" button disabled. There are two options available to
>me: "Release," "Drop". Should I chose "Release?"

Yes, you have to use 'release'. I just did this morning, and it has worked
(artifacts were pushed to central).

BTW, this push takes a while (a couple of hours), so don't expect something
immediate.

Regards,

Clement