Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Cristiano Gavião <cv...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/21 22:08:10 UTC

found some errors running takari-lifecycle build with java 1.8

Hello,

I'm trying to learn how to use the new testing tools provided by takari.
Started by the tests in takari-lifecycle-plugin-its from github master
branch.

but I'm getting errors when running the build. I'm using maven 3.2.5 in
linux with java 1.8.0_31:

    Tests in error:
       BasicTest.initializationError » IO Input is not in the .gz format
       CompileAnnotationProcessingTest.initializationError » IO Input is
    not in the ....
       CompileClasspathTest.initializationError » IO Input is not in the
    .gz format
       CompileMultimoduleTest.initializationError » IO Input is not in
    the .gz format
       FilteringResourcesTest.initializationError » IO Input is not in
    the .gz format
       MultimoduleSkipInstallDeployTest.initializationError » IO Input
    is not in the ...
       PomPackagingTest.initializationError » IO Input is not in the .gz
    format

details of one run:

    Running io.tesla.maven.plugins.test.BasicTest
    Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
    0.007 sec <<< FAILURE! - in io.tesla.maven.plugins.test.BasicTest
    initializationError(io.tesla.maven.plugins.test.BasicTest)  Time
    elapsed: 0.001 sec  <<< ERROR!
    java.io.IOException: Input is not in the .gz format
         at
    org.apache.commons.compress.compressors.gzip.GzipCompressorInputStream.init(GzipCompressorInputStream.java:162)
         at
    org.apache.commons.compress.compressors.gzip.GzipCompressorInputStream.<init>(GzipCompressorInputStream.java:135)
         at
    org.apache.commons.compress.compressors.gzip.GzipCompressorInputStream.<init>(GzipCompressorInputStream.java:100)
         at
    io.takari.maven.testing.executor.junit.MavenVersionResolver.unarchive(MavenVersionResolver.java:70)
         at
    io.takari.maven.testing.executor.junit.MavenVersionResolver.resolve(MavenVersionResolver.java:60)
         at
    io.takari.maven.testing.executor.junit.MavenJUnitTestRunner.getRunners(MavenJUnitTestRunner.java:131)
         at
    io.takari.maven.testing.executor.junit.MavenJUnitTestRunner.<init>(MavenJUnitTestRunner.java:89)
         at
    sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
         at
    sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
         at
         at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:408)
         at
    org.junit.internal.builders.AnnotatedBuilder.buildRunner(AnnotatedBuilder.java:29)
         at
    org.junit.internal.builders.AnnotatedBuilder.runnerForClass(AnnotatedBuilder.java:21)
         at
    org.junit.runners.model.RunnerBuilder.safeRunnerForClass(RunnerBuilder.java:59)
         at
    org.junit.internal.builders.AllDefaultPossibilitiesBuilder.runnerForClass(AllDefaultPossibilitiesBuilder.java:26)
         at
    org.junit.runners.model.RunnerBuilder.safeRunnerForClass(RunnerBuilder.java:59)
         at
    org.junit.internal.requests.ClassRequest.getRunner(ClassRequest.java:26)
         at
    org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.execute(JUnit4Provider.java:283)
         at
    org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeWithRerun(JUnit4Provider.java:173)
         at
    org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeTestSet(JUnit4Provider.java:153)
         at
    org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.invoke(JUnit4Provider.java:128)
         at
    org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.invokeProviderInSameClassLoader(ForkedBooter.java:203)
         at
    org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.runSuitesInProcess(ForkedBooter.java:155)
         at
    org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:103)

would be these errors caused by java 8 ?

regards,

Cristiano

Re: found some errors running takari-lifecycle build with java 1.8

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>.
Just create a Github issue and we'll take it there:

https://github.com/takari/takari-lifecycle

On Feb 21, 2015, at 4:08 PM, Cristiano Gavião <cv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>   org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.execute(JUnit4Provider.java:283)
>        at
>   org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeWithRerun(JUnit4Provider.java:173)
>        at
>   org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeTestSet(JUnit4Provider.java:153)
>        at
>   org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.invoke(JUnit4Provider.java:128)
>        at
>   org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.invokeProviderInSameClassLoader(ForkedBooter.java:203)
>        at
>   org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.runSuitesInProcess(ForkedBooter.java:155)
>        at
>   org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:103)
>
> would be these errors caused by java 8 ?

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder, Takari and Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/takari_io

We all have problems. How we deal with them is a measure of our worth.

 -- Unknown

Re: found some errors running takari-lifecycle build with java 1.8

Posted by Cristiano Gavião <cv...@gmail.com>.
ok, done:

https://github.com/takari/takari-lifecycle/issues/11

regards,