Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Downs <pa...@positive-internet.com> on 2001/09/13 19:10:58 UTC

Thread limiting in tomcat.

Hi,
  I felt I should probably make this post again, and also a tacet enquiry
as to why my posts appear on the list as not coming from me?  I think this
mail client has some quirks (mulberry for the curious).
  Anyway, I have tried to limit tomcats threads with the following entry in
server.xml:

        <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
            <Parameter
                name="handler"

value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter
                name="port"
                value="8009"/>
            <Parameter
                name="max_threads"
                value="100"/>
            <Parameter
                name="max_spare_threads"
                value="20"/>
            <Parameter
                name="min_spare_threads"
                value="10"/>
        </Connector>

  And a similar one for apj12.  However (one quick check later) I have
around 264 tomcat threads on the server at the moment.  It is not really a
problem as the machine has enough ram but I am being told to lower it! :-)
So the question is, is tomcat paying attention to my thread limits or am I
doing something wrong?

Paul

Re: Thread limiting in tomcat.

Posted by Paul Downs <di...@ntlworld.com>.
Hi,

> as to why my posts appear on the list as not coming from me?  I think this
> mail client has some quirks (mulberry for the curious).

  Damn, all that hassle for nothing.  It was the mail client I was using.
The dreaded OE is fine.

Paul