Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Garren Smith <ga...@apache.org> on 2017/02/23 07:22:23 UTC

RFC CouchDB Slack channel

Hi All,

I would like create a slack channel for the CouchDB community. IRC is often
considered a barrier to entry for people wanting to ask questions and learn
about CouchDB. Slack is a lot easier and less intimidating to get started
with. When we do this, we would setup a IRC <-> Slack bridge. So that
people on slack can communicate to people on IRC. So if you prefer IRC you
can still use it.

The best success story for this model is the PouchDB community, they have a
slack channel with a bridge that links the IRC channel. And the community
has really grown significantly since this has been implemented. I know the
Hoodie team also has something like this and it has also worked well.

I would like to do the same, with a slack channel with two rooms that then
have a bridge back to #couchdb and #couchdb-dev.

Would everyone be ok with this? Could we trial it for 3 - 4 months and see
how it goes?

Cheers
Garren

Apache CouchDB PMC