Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Shan Kajendran <sh...@adsgroup.com> on 2003/09/03 12:48:59 UTC

Compiling Batik Example

Hi Genies

I've installed the batik 1.5 binary distribution on my PC running
Windows XP.

I've set my CLASSPATH environment variable and have confirmed that it is
set correctly.

Now I am trying to compile the following code.
------------------------
import org.w3c.dom.DOMImplementation;
import org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGDOMImplementation;

public class Class1
{
	public static void main(String[] args)
	{

		DOMImplementation impl =
SVGDOMImplementation.getDOMImplementation();

	}
}
------------------------

But compiler can't find any of the classes and throwing  the following
error.

"Class1.java:2: package org.apache.batik.dom.svg does not exist"

Did anyone face the same problem in past? I am breaking my head with
this problem for last two days.

If anyone help me to solve this problem it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Shan

Re: Compiling Batik Example

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Shan Kajendran wrote:
> Hi Genies
>
> I've installed the batik 1.5 binary distribution on my PC running
> Windows XP.
>
> I've set my CLASSPATH environment variable and have confirmed that it is
> set correctly.

Hi Shan,

   You almost certainly don't have your CLASSPATH evironment variable set
properly. Probably you need to explicitly reference all of the jar files (not just
directories).  I strongly suggest you get a tool like ANT or eclipse to
help you manage the class path properly. You could also try getting the
source distribution as you can then use it's build scripts and build.xml
as a good starting point.

   You might try posting what your CLASSPATH is.