Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at> on 2008/11/24 18:05:52 UTC

Re: problems building a multimodule project with EJB3 modules

Hi all!

On 25 Apr 2008, Martin Höller wrote:

> I'll report back when I found out more about why my complex project failed
> with similar dependencies as the example.

It's been a while, but the problem still exists and hit me again. The
whole story can be found at
http://www.nabble.com/problems-building-a-multimodule-project-with-EJB3-modules-to16851710.html#a16891383

The summary of my problem is, that I have a multi-module project where
one module (child2) is an EJB and another module (child1) depends on this
EJB. It declares the dependency as

    <dependency>
      <groupId>at.co.xss.mhtest.multimodule</groupId>
      <artifactId>child2</artifactId>
      <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
      <type>ejb-client</type>
    </dependency>

Note the "ejb-client" type! The build of this project fails, if child2 is
not already in the local repository.

I managed to create a small sample project which is attached to this mail
(hope it will come through). It demonstrates the problem. Just run "mvn
test" and it will fail with

---8<---------------------
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) at.co.xss.mhtest.multimodule:child2:ejb-client:client:1.0-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=at.co.xss.mhtest.multimodule -DartifactId=child2 -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dclassifier=client -Dpackaging=ejb-client -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=at.co.xss.mhtest.multimodule -DartifactId=child2 -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dclassifier=client -Dpackaging=ejb-client -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) at.co.xss.mhtest.multimodule:child1:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
        2) at.co.xss.mhtest.multimodule:child2:ejb-client:client:1.0-SNAPSHOT

----------
1 required artifact is missing.
---8<---------------------

Currently I'm running maven 2.0.9.

Any ideas?

- martin

Re: problems building a multimodule project with EJB3 modules

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
No one having problems with EJB3 modules in a multimodule build? Or is it
just a bad subject?

Could someone please test the attached project and confirm that the build
fails.

thanks,
- martin