Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rahul Mehta <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/22 13:18:29 UTC

How to be sure that surround

I have done the following steps for installing surround plugin.

   1. Downloading from
   http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/JKL/Downloadlucenesurround241jar.htm
   2. Moved the lucene-surround-2.4.1.jar  to /apache-solr-3.1.0/example/lib
   3. restart solr .

But How to be sure that surround plugin is being installed .
Means what query i can run.

--
Thanks & Regards

Rahul Mehta

Re: How to be sure that surround

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
> I have the solr-trunk , but queries
> are running on both (on trunk (4.0) and
> on (3.1) ) . then how i can be sure that what query will
> run by surround
> query parser plugin.
>
> The query i tried :
> http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=abstracts:99n(flat,panel,display)
>
> http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=abstracts:(poly*%20NEAR%20*lyst)
>
> The above queries both are running on 3.1 and 4.0
>
> How i can sure that these query are running by Surround
> Plugin.

You can use q={!surround df=abstracts}99n(flat,panel,display)

If you append &debugQuery=on, it should display some info regarding which query parser is used, which Query is constructed etc.

Re: How to be sure that surround

Posted by Rahul Mehta <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.