Posted to users@maven.apache.org by miro <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2008/10/29 21:45:38 UTC

please tell me repository

please tell me repository where I can find all dependency for an application
using hibernate , spring, wicket jdk 1.6

RE: please tell me repository

Posted by Ben Lidgey <be...@inuknetworks.com>.
In addition, sites like http://mvnrepository.com/ allow you to search for artifacts available in the repository and provide the <dependency> snippet to use in the pom.xml.

Ben

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that any use, dissemination, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

repo2 and repo1 the same? (Was Re: please tell me repository)

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.

Wendy Smoak-3 wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 1:45 PM, miro <mi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> please tell me repository where I can find all dependency for an
>> application
>> using hibernate , spring, wicket jdk 1.6
>
> It depends on exactly what artifacts and version numbers you need, but
> most of that should be in the central repo which is searched by
> default -- http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/ .
>
> --
> Wendy

But the Sonatype Maven book[1] states that the Super POM has
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 by default, not http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/
.  Do these two URLs point to the same repository location, *or* are they
replicated and should be in sync but may not be for particular dependencies?
When I type in the first URL it redirects me to the second, but no such
redirection occurs when I add an extended path to a particular dependency to
the end of those URLs.

I'm confused over this because I'm presently having a problem with Axis2, it
appears that their artifacts are different between the two URLs[2], but I'm
unsure if those URL's are actually just pointing to the same repo, so
somehow the error might be on my end.

Thanks,
Glen

[1]