Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Morvan Daniel Müller <mo...@softplan.com.br> on 2007/11/20 13:49:18 UTC

move spam to IMAP spam folder (amavisd-new,spamassassin,dovecot,postfix,squirrelmail)

How I say to postfix to direct subject=[SPAM ] xxxxxx (mark by spamassassin) to ~home\mail\SPAM   (imap folder)
I'm using Mailbox no Maildir. Postfix deliver to /var/mail/$user and Dovecot read  from mail_location = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
I read about using scripts in procmail/dropmail (to do the work of move spam to a spam folder).
I need to change my config to use MAILDIR?
How I say to squirrelmail to see the SPAM folder without create one by one in each squirrelmail user profile?

Thanks!
Daniel

Re: move spam to IMAP spam folder (amavisd-new,spamassassin,dovecot,postfix,squirrelmail)

Posted by Morvan Daniel Müller <mo...@softplan.com.br>.
Thanks Alex, procmail filter works fine!

> As soon as procmail moves the first spam into one of the imap spam
> folders, that folder is automatically created. It should then  immediately
> be available in squirrelmail
This don't work, If create a spam folder with squirrelmail (options,
folders) than it works fine. Squirrel/Imap server have  a ".imap" folder
under the spam Folder and at ~MYHOME/mail/.subscriptions
a list of the squirrel folders is listed.
I will try to find if I can tell to squirrelmail config to create a DEFAULT
spam folder in the same way it creates the folders INBOX, Sent, Drafts, ..!

Thanks!
Morvan

Morvan Daniel Müller schrieb am 20.11.2007 13:49:
> How I say to postfix to direct subject=[SPAM ] xxxxxx (mark by
> spamassassin) to ~home\mail\SPAM   (imap folder)
> I'm using Mailbox no Maildir. Postfix deliver to /var/mail/$user and
> Dovecot read  from mail_location = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u

Procmail can do this, not postfix. Use this entry in postfix' main.cf to
let procmail deliver your mail:

mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail -a "$USER"

Then use a procmail recipe like this to filter spam into imap folders.
It does not check the subject line, but simply the standard X-Spam-xxxx
headers created by Spamassassin:

# Spam via SpamAssassin
:0
*^X-Spam-Flag:.*YES
{
   :0
   *^X-Spam-Status:.*autolearn=no
   {
     :0
     *!^X-Spam-Status:.*BAYES_99
     mail/spam/learn

   }

   :0

   :0
   mail/spam/probable

}

This recipe moves spam that was not autolearned into mail/spam/learn,
mail with score>=10 into mail/spam/sure and the rest into
mail/spam/probable (which is spam with score between 5 and 10). It
depends on the X-Spam-Level header as well, you must not disable that
header in local.cf. These folders are in the user's home directories,
while the main inbox still resides in /var/mail/$USER.

> I need to change my config to use MAILDIR?

Not required for postfix+procmail+dovecot+squirrelmail. This combination
is running here very well on a Fedora 7 system and worked since Fedora
Core 3 I think.

> How I say to squirrelmail to see the SPAM folder without create one by one
> in each squirrelmail user profile?

As soon as procmail moves the first spam into one of the imap spam
folders, that folder is automatically created. It should then
immediately be available in squirrelmail.

Alex

Re: move spam to IMAP spam folder (amavisd-new,spamassassin,dovecot,postfix,squirrelmail)

Posted by Alex Woick <al...@wombaz.de>.