Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Gábor Gyimesi <ga...@gmail.com> on 2023/04/03 11:34:44 UTC

[DISCUSS] MiNiFi C++ 0.14.0 release

Hi community,

I'd like to initiate a discussion about the next release of MiNiFi C++. The
last release was almost four months ago, and there have been many new
features,
bug fixes and stability improvements committed to the development branch
since then: 74 tickets closed, over 80 commits as of today.

I would be happy to take on RM duties for this release.

Notable features and improvements since the 0.14.0 release:

- Several improvements on repository resource handling
  * Periodically run RocksDB repository compaction
  * Add compression options for RocksDB repositories
  * Add synchronous flow file reloading
  * Retry failed removals of unused resources
- Use Python stable ABI to support all libraries above Python 3.2+ for
Python processors
- Add ProcessSession::remove to Python and Lua API
- Add support for JSON flow configuration format with option to generate
JSON schema locally
- Add support for reverseDnsLookup in expression language
- Fix most issues for ARM64 support
- Improve performance of ListFile processor
- Add cache SID lookups in ConsumeWindowsEventLog processor
- Add default connection size limits of 2000 queue size and 100MB of queue
data size
- Add support for MQTT 5 (mistakenly advertised for 0.13.0 release)
- Add failure relationship to SQL processors
- Add support for new AWS regions
- Add option to select processor metrics with regular expressions
- Add the UUID to the end of Processor and Controller Service log lines
- Make GetFile path attributes consistent with other processors
- Fix leaks and file lock issues on Windows
- Fix crashing in python processors

The core API is still not mature enough to be able to commit to it, so
in line with previous discussions I suggest releasing it as 0.14.0.

Do you agree it is time for a new release? Are there any blockers that we
should definitely include in this release?

Thanks,
Gabor

Re: [DISCUSS] MiNiFi C++ 0.14.0 release

Posted by Marton Szasz <sz...@apache.org>.
+1. I would wait for the merge of the deadlock fix on missing config,
and of course the version number update, but I'll merge them soon.
Thank you for RMing!

Posted by Arpad Boda <ab...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Martin Zink <ma...@apache.org>.