Posted to bcel-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Ernie Makris <er...@mediaone.net> on 2001/12/20 16:45:58 UTC

Repository Enhancements

Hi,

I would like to propose some changes to org.apache.bcel.Repository.
The current implementation contains a static reference to a ClassPath, named
class_path. I would
like to add the ability to change, or set the ClassPath object used by the
repository.
Any comments?, I will submit the patches soon.

Also, I've made a patch to ClassPath, I added a method addClassPath that
appends a classpath
string to an existing ClassPath object. I also think we should use an
ArrayList to store the PathEntries in
a ClassPath object, what does everyone think? The constructor uses and
ArrayList, but calls toArray
to convert it to an array of PathEntries. The downside of using an ArrayList
to store the PathEntries in the object
is the casting required. But it would make adding classpaths easier.

The purpose of the changes above is to provide the ability to change the
classpath at runtime.

Thanks
Ernie