Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eric J Kaplan <er...@armanta.com> on 2005/04/07 19:23:00 UTC

calling ejb on another app server

Does anyone have any experience getting a servlet that calls an ejb on a
different application server to work, running tomcat 5.0.28?

I know we got this to work under 3.x a while ago.

At this point I feel like we've tried everything but we always get that name
"ejb" is not bound in this context. I even tried changing my jndi.properties
to point to an invalid host, and although when I print out the environment
for the context just before looking up the bean it indeed says that the
naming provider url is foo:1066, I don't get a communication exception, I
get that the ejb context is not bound. My suspicion is it is going against a
jndi server running within tomcat that doesn't have the ejb context bound.

Help would be appreciated, we've been floundering for a couple of days.

Regards

Eric