Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Douglas Meil <do...@modeln.com> on 2000/06/16 00:58:50 UTC

printing...

Has anybody noticed that if you try to print the sample border.pdf file that
it comes out all screwed up unless you specify "print as image" ?

The text is there, but lines all wind up off the page...

Re: printing...

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Arved Sandstrom wrote:

> No it is not - I wasn't saying it was. The initial complaint indicated that
> specific PDF produced from a specific FO didn't print properly; I was
> pointing out that at least in one case it does. I've run into my fair share
> of PDF printing problems and 99.99% of the time it has nothing to do with
> the PDF, so I'm averse to statements that say "my PDF won't print". It's
> almost always a printer driver issue.

It has to do with specific PDFs insofar, as there are certain elements
in a PDF file that create this problem. Anything that creates a line
(like fo:display-rule or svg:rect) will cause the printing problem with
the PostScript printer driver (either MS or Adobe, doesn't matter).

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

Re: printing...

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
No it is not - I wasn't saying it was. The initial complaint indicated that a
specific PDF produced from a specific FO didn't print properly; I was
pointing out that at least in one case it does. I've run into my fair share
of PDF printing problems and 99.99% of the time it has nothing to do with
the PDF, so I'm averse to statements that say "my PDF won't print". It's
almost always a printer driver issue.

Arved Sandstrom

Re: printing...

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.