Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by William BC Crandall <cr...@wiesbaden.vistec.net> on 2001/07/10 14:03:10 UTC

Top level intro to jakarta-site2

I just stumbled on:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/jakarta-site2.html

Which, upon inspection, seems to be a nice set of
documentation conventions for Jakarta projects.

At the end of that page, I found:

"If there are parts of this document that are confusing to you
[...] please send feedback to the general@jakarta.apache.org
mailing list. Please try to give a detailed description of what
is confusing so that I can update the page to make things more
clear."

Since you asked for it ;), my recommendation, for this
and in fact many OS pages, is to start the document
with a total-newbie one- or two-sentence description
of just what the heck we are looking at. Something that
would make sense to your bright cousin, who knows nothing
about the project, when she asks you to describe what
you've been working so hard on.

So, rather than starting with,

"If you would like to use the jakarta-site2 module as a
dependency for your project, here are the instructions for
how to do that."

How about,

"The jakarta-site2 module is a ..."

or

"The jakarta-site2 module consist of [3?, 23?]
[whatsits] that let you create [theseThings] which
are particularly useful when you are trying to [flimflam]."

I write this, because I am amazed by the Open software
movement, am delighted by its Apache/Jakarta incarnation,
and wish us all even more success in this arena.

All the best,

BC Crandall
Wiesbaden Germany
crandall@wiesbaden.vistec.net

Re: Top level intro to jakarta-site2

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 7/10/01 5:03 AM, "William BC Crandall" <cr...@wiesbaden.vistec.net>
wrote:

> I write this, because I am amazed by the Open software
> movement, am delighted by its Apache/Jakarta incarnation,
> and wish us all even more success in this arena.
>
> All the best,
>
> BC Crandall
> Wiesbaden Germany
> crandall@wiesbaden.vistec.net

Hello, please take a look at the page now. I have updated it to add more
information. If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know.

Thanks,

-jon stevens

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous